While it is quite new (release date is March 2nd 2016) Clash Royale is quite popular among Android and iOS mobile platform users. And considering the fact that the same team also created the popular game Clash of Clans, you understand why.
The game is free to download but there are in-app purchases available if you want to jump through levels faster. Thus, you can buy collectible cards, defense systems, and Clash Royale gems and gold that help you move on through the game.
The main purpose of this game is to make sure you destroy more towers than your opponent. If you do so, you are declared the winner of the round. The setting is quite cute as you will battle your enemies in an arena of your choice. Also, as you advance in the game, you get to unlock new arenas.
The idea is to reach your opponent’s towers and destroy them before he/she destroys yours. If you manage to bring down their King’s Tower, which is heavily guarded, you are automatically declared a winner and you receive three crowns. Just like with Clash of Clans, you can build your own clan and lead it to victory.
The game has thirteen levels in total and 9 arenas for you to battle your opponents. While playing, you will earn trophies and collectible cards which can be used in the attack and defend strategy. At the start of each game you get a deck of 8 cards, but in order to use them, you have to have enough elixir (it replenishes itself every 2.8 seconds).
To make things more interesting, you have the possibility to buy Clash Royale gems and gold which can be used to unlock arenas or purchase new characters like princes, baby dragons, or knights.
Interesting features to consider
The features that make this game so interesting and compelling are as follows:
- You get to play with users from all around the world or you can invite your friends
- The collectible cards, trophies, and even Clash Royale gems and gold make the entire experience very interesting
- Cards will bring you spells, improved defenses, and even better troops so don’t ignore them
- The graphic quality is high and the arenas are designed to please the eye of the child and the adult. So, the game can be played by anyone.
- You have the possibility to learn battle tactics by watching others battle. This not only develops your strategy skills but will also make you a better player.
Clash Royale may not be the most mature game in graphics, but it is in battle tactics. It is also challenging and quite addictive so it will keep you company everywhere you go.